The Key to Better Garage Organization: Your Walls!
If your garage floors are so cluttered you can’t even park your car here, it’s time to take action! Look to the walls as a valuable place to take advantage of as you explore garage organization ideas. Here are three ways you can use the walls to improve organization in your garage.
Custom Garage Cabinets
When you choose a custom garage storage solution like this, you get the chance to ensure your selection matches your space needs and personal style preferences perfectly. Custom garage cabinets come in many shapes and sizes to fix the unique dimensions and storage needs of your garage.
Store everything from golf bags and food storage to winter coats and backpacks behind closed doors in your garage. Nothing makes the space look more put together than having an entire wall or two covered in beautiful, durable cabinets. Just make sure the installer you choose mounts the cabinets a few inches off the floor to protect against water damage and pest infiltration.
If you have a workbench in your garage, this is a great place to sit and work on tasks uninterrupted. All the tools you need are right here so you don’t have to traipse back and forth between the house and the garage.
Make your workbench work harder for you by installing magnetic bars on the wall behind it. There you can store all kinds of metal tools, including screwdrivers, hammers, pliers and tape measures. Install hooks and baskets to hold even more, including paper towel rolls, duct tape, rags and other supplies. With this garage organization idea, you can keep all your equipment close at hand without anything taking up valuable space on the work surface.
This garage wall organization solution is great for all-purpose storage. You can do so much with slatwall! For example:
- Hang long-handled rakes, shovels, brooms and mops from special hooks mounted to the slatwall. You can also hang baseball bats, tennis rackets and hockey sticks this way.
- Install baskets to hold bike helmets, knee pads and other small sports equipment.
- Choose heavy-duty, specially shaped hooks to hold everything from garden hoses and ladders to bikes and lawn chairs.
- Attach a small magnetic tool bar or hand tool rack to the slatwall to keep these supplies well organized.
- Install a shelf bracket to hold paint cans and cleaning supplies.
Hanging these items on the wall frees up floor space and makes the garage look less cluttered than piling your belongings in the corner.
Be sure to check out more garage organization ideas to help you design the ultimate garage! Then, when you’re ready to begin your garage remodeling project, schedule a free on-site design consultation with Pittsburgh Garage.